The biggest update of the mod yet is here! Sounds will keep improving regularly as I’ll be doing weekly or bi-weekly updates. I will appreciate any advice and comments about this mod, as a lot of feedback from the past year was taken into consideration for this update. I know this mod means a lot to people so I’ll keep maintaining it as long as I can.
This update includes a new volume standard. It should go well now with the vanilla truck sounds as well as quiet engine sound mods such as Vasily EVR’s mods.
Corrected soundproofing in interior view of truck. New interior_sound_volume is 0.16 which brings more realism.
Redone tire and wind sound to be more accurate with what you hear in the truck cabin.
Redone default AI truck and bus traffic sound.
Redone sound for retarder stick, blinker off stick, and light switch.
Redone city sounds. Bird sounds are much more quiet.
Reworked refueling sounds.
Reduced volume of 1 external suspension sound.
Finetuned adviser message and escort message sound effect for Special Transport DLC.
Slight reduction in volume for some animated gates sounds in Animated Gates mod by Schumi (both ETS2 and ATS versions).
Some AI sounds and forest environment sounds were removed for possible reworking in the next update. Most AI sounds that are “good to go” will return in v19.2.
Sound Fixes Pack for SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator updated to 2.1 with volume tweaks and new AI traffic sounds.
Redone cutscene music (heard when buying garage or starting new profile).
ETS2 specific changes:
1 new engine sound for Austin Mini in TrafficManiac’s Classic Car AI Traffic Pack v2.9 courtesy of cipinho.
1 new engine sound + 1 new horn sound for Austin Mini in TrafficManiac’s Classic Car AI Traffic Pack v2.9.
Redone engine sound + 1 new horn sound for BMW Mini Cooper in AI traffic.
Redone engine sound + 2 new horn sounds for Iveco Stralis and Iveco Stralis Hi-way in AI traffic.
Applied sounds for both the Iveco Stralis and the Iveco Stralis Hi-way in Painted Truck Traffic Pack v7.7 by Jazzycat.
Redone engine sound for DAF XF 105 in AI traffic.
Applied sounds for DAF XF 105’s in Painted Truck Traffic Pack v7.7 by Jazzycat.
Redone engine sound for DAF XF 106 in AI traffic
Applied sounds for DAF XF 106’s in Painted Truck Traffic Pack v7.7 by Jazzycat.
Redone engine sound for MAN TGX in AI traffic.
1 new open pipe inline6 engine sound for MAN TGX in AI traffic.
Applied sounds for MAN TGX’s in Painted Truck Traffic Pack v7.7 by Jazzycat.
3 redone engine sounds (courtesy of cipinho, reworked by Drive Safely) + 3 new horn sounds for Mercedes Actros MP3 in AI traffic.
Applied sounds for Mercedes Actros MP3’s in AI traffic in Painted Truck Traffic Pack v7.7 by Jazzycat.
Redone engine sound + 1 new horn sound for Mercedes Actros MP4 in AI traffic.
Applied sounds for Mercedes Actros MP4’s in AI traffic in Painted Truck Traffic Pack v7.7 by Jazzycat.
Redone engine sound for Renault Magnum + Renault Premium in AI traffic.
1 new horn sound for Renault Magnum in AI traffic.
Applied sounds for Renault Magnum’s and Renault Premium’s in Painted Truck Traffic Pack v7.7 by Jazzycat.
Redone engine sound for first generation Scania R’s in AI traffic.
Applied sounds for first generation Scania R’s in Painted Truck Traffic Pack v7.7 by Jazzycat.
Redone engine sound for Volvo FH16 2009 in AI traffic.
Redone engine sound + 2 new horn sounds for Volvo FH16 2012 in AI traffic.
Applied sounds for Volvo FH16’s (generation 2 and 3) in Painted Truck Traffic Pack v7.7 by Jazzycat.
Redone engine sound for Lamborghini Huracan in AI traffic courtesy of cipinho.
Redone engine sound for Citroen 2CV in AI traffic.
2 new tractor engine sounds for tractor in AI traffic courtesy of cipinho.
Reduced volume of environment sound in base game quarries.
Slight reduction of volume of some horn sounds.
1 new engine sound for Tatra T815 fire engine.
Enabled default truck sound (temporary) for Dennis Dagger fire engine since it doesn’t produce a sound in the base game. A Cummins engine sound for it will be added in v19.2.
ATS specific changes:
Reduced volume of warehouse prefab sounds.
“Animated gates in companies” mod by Schumi now supported – reduced volume of gate sounds have been applied for the ATS version.
– The Sound Fixes Pack provides improvements to common sounds in the game.
– The goal of the mod is to make the game’s sounds feel like real life. The mod will have regular updates to cover more sounds to add immersion. Thus the Steam Workshop version is highly recommended for quicker updates.
– The mod comprises of euphonious, relaxing, and real sounds for a more serene gameplay than the vanilla game provides.
* ETS2 1.33.2, 1.34.0 + ATS 1.33.2, 1.34.0. No errors in game log. Must have high priority in Mod Manager.
* Compatible with all trucks, including truck mods.
* Does not replace individual truck sounds, so this mod can be used with an unlimited amount of truck sound mods of your choice.
* Compatible with all maps.
* Supports compatibility with your favorite rain sound mods as this does not alter rain/thunder sounds. Check the load order image included for more details.
* If using any of Grimes’ seasonal mods, place the seasonal mod with higher priority than the Sound Fixes Pack for a more accurate seasonal experience.
* If using winter mods, please enable Frosty Winter Weather Sound addon from the Options folder of Sound Fixes Pack for winter sounds (non-Steam download – http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=212&t=200919).
* Traffic density/behavior mods (in lower priority in Mod Manager) can enable realistic sound ranges plugin from Sound Fixes Pack by inserting this line into def/traffic_data.sii: @include “traffic_data_update.sui”
Requires higher priority in Mod Manager than:
– any map mods (e.g. ProMods, RusMap, etc.)
– any AI traffic mods (e.g. Jazzycat’s traffic packs)
– any AI traffic density/behavior mods (e.g. those listed in section below)
## 1. Tire / Tyre sounds
* Real interior + exterior tire sounds. Tires will resonate in the cab depending on how fast you are accelerating and what speed you are in, giving a feel for your sense of speed.
* Heavier gravel sounds on dirt/gravel roads.
## 2. Suspension sounds
* Light and medium impacts to suspension can trigger cabin squeaking and movement sounds of the cabin.
* Hard impacts can trigger key swinging sounds in the interior view.
## 3. Gameplay / UI sounds
* “Late music” replaced with Nokia phone ringtone sound (volume of this sound depends on Music volume in the in-game Audio settings).
* “Bing bong” chime for train and ferry loading screen sounds.
* Reduced volume of garage door sound, adviser message sound and yawning sound.
* New quiet photo camera sound effect for screenshots.
* Quieter volume of PrePass weigh station signals in American Truck Simulator.
* Improved UI sound effects, including a mdc1200 signal sound for escort messages with the Special Transport DLC.
## 4. Fuel / Gas station sounds
* Retro/historic ding sound for while the fuel is pumping (circa 1960s to 1970s). The number of dings can help give you an idea on how much you refueled.
* Real fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click and key insertion sound effects for after refueling to a full tank.
## 5. Interior sounds
* Real stick/switch/button sounds for: parking brake, hazard light, wiper stick, light switch and blinker / indicator / turn signal.
* Real rumblestrip sound.
* Lane-keeping (Driver Alert Support) alert sound if you drive on to the grass too fast (as per EU legal regulations).
* Lift axle sound now includes button press sound effect.
* Improved wind sound.
* Mix of default amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding sounds. Can be heard when you have damaged the transmission and/or gearbox.
* Air cutoff sounds less audible in interior.
## 6. Trailer sounds
* Real sound effects for trailer coupling + uncoupling.
* Included air brake hose deattachment sound when uncoupling.
## 7. AI Traffic sounds
* More refined generic AI traffic car sounds. Less buzz noise and more tire sounds and quiet engine sounds.
* AI traffic vehicles given new horn sounds. Depending on the patience of the driver, a short or long honk may be used.
* Carefully detailed real AI engine/horn sounds for individual vehicles from the base game as well as AI traffic mods.
* You can hear the slight sound of vehicles overtaking you or passing by you in the oncoming lane.
## 8. Mover sounds
* Improved audio for a vast amount of moving objects including biplanes, trains (included train horns) etc.
* Enabled sound for a vast amount of movers that don’t originally come with sound (e.g. F22 jet fighters, ocean waves, tugboats, hot air balloons, you name it!).
## 9. Location based ambience
* Appropriate volumes for prefab soundscape in American Truck Simulator.
* Suitable volumes for the sounds of the environment in various map mods.
* Reduced volume for gate sounds in the Animated Gates mod by Schumi (both ETS2 and ATS).
## 10. Air horn sounds
* Improved air horn sounds for American Truck Simulator available at the service station (replacing existing ones).
* Air horn sounds available for ATS are: Used air horn (low price), a sweet and deep air horn, and a train horn. WARNING: Not recommended to use more than two air horns at a time. [ATS only]
The mod also provides real top speeds and real colors for the AI vehicles which are modded with custom sounds.
This is due to the top speed and color settings being shared in the same file as the sound settings for each AI vehicle.
However in the interest in bringing realism, the AI vehicle colors are 100% verifiable using real paint codes, colors from the paintref website, and photos.
Rarer colors (e.g. purple) will have a lower probability to be seen.
* SCS Software for base sounds
* Drive Safely for sound edits, some sound samples, and for compiling mod
* antonvezdehod, Ludmilla and Katixa/Irreo for some tire sounds
* Balamut for some key swing and light suspension sounds
* AlexeyP for some trailer coupling, gate/barrier and fuel pump sounds, and sounds from Improved Environment Sound
* cipinho for some AI traffic sounds
Drive Safely, antonvezdehod, Ludmilla, Katixa/Irreo, Balamut, AlexeyP, cipinho
Download Link 2: Download mod